About Security Current
Security Current features news, data, analysis, practical advice, discussion and research. Founded by veteran journalist and IT network security marketing executive Aimee Rhodes, Security Current examines IT security from all angles. It has security executives with a business perspective, practitioners who work daily in the trenches, research analysts who uncover trends and emerging technologies, and journalists who will deliver daily news.
Its goal is to consolidate and leverage the expertise of seasoned IT security professionals to provide quality content and spark and facilitate thoughtful discussion on issues and developments that impact organizations worldwide.
Key contributors include Joel Rosenblatt, director of Computer and Network Security, Columbia University and David Sheidlower CISO of BBDO, LCRA CSO Larry Whiteside Jr., Hearst CISO David Hahn, Surescripts CISO Paul Catalayud, Synchrony Financial CISO Daniel Conroy, and Barnabus Health CISO Hussein Syed in addition to others.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Join the superstars on our team at Security Current, and have a chance to work in a dynamic and innovative environment with sales and security professionals.
- Perform opportunity identification, account qualification, and needs analysis at all prospect levels
- Use phone, email, and internal marketing tools to perform selling activities and drive new business
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date forecast and document all activities and customer interactions in Salesforce.com
- Maintain required activity metrics, via phone calls, appointments, demos and funnel development
- Respond to inbound inquiries, outbound marketing campaigns, and successfully lead opportunity development
- Work closely with internal team and partners to identify, position, and sell product value
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on company road map, industry changes, and competitive landscape
- Exceed sales goals in assigned territory
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience selling to security vendors mid-enterprise/ enterprise customers
- Must have background in media sales (white papers, webinars, advertising) with experience in the security industry strongly preferred
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident: ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s mission, offerings and business value
- Proven ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing needs and posses strong analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly build and maintain productive relationships in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Previous experience in start-up environment and selling into Network security space preferred.
- Ability to deliver web based presentations and demos
Salary plus commission
For more information or to submit your resume write to: [email protected]
- Molson Coors Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Joins Security Current’s Team of Leading Industry Experts
- Elsevier Senior Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Joins Security Current’s Team of Leading Industry Experts